Large Monitors for Client Meeting

Grayling

I'm looking for ideas for a large monitor or monitors for client viewing. I'd like to utilize a wall across from our conference table. Anyone purchase something they like? Max width is 60". Budget under $5,000. I have no idea what to look for in monitors like this.

@Grayling

We currently use this..

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/smart-monitors/43-m70b-uhd-usb-c-smart-monitor-streaming-tv-ls43bm702unxza/

Our conference room is 10’ x 15’ 

We have the monitor at the end of our rather small conference table (3’ x 7’) which is centred in the room, seating 6 people. 

I sit almost next to the monitor and work from my laptop.

I wouldn’t want to work looking at that monitor from that distance but it works well for people sitting further away around the table. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Michael_Gia said:

@Grayling

We currently use this..

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/smart-monitors/43-m70b-uhd-usb-c-smart-monitor-streaming-tv-ls43bm702unxza/

Our conference room is 10’ x 15’ 

We have the monitor at the end of our rather small conference table (3’ x 7’) which is centred in the room, seating 6 people. 

I sit almost next to the monitor and work from my laptop.

I wouldn’t want to work looking at that monitor from that distance but it works well for people sitting further away around the table. 

I’m thinking about using a wireless keyboard and mouse at the table. Thanks for your thoughts.

20 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

I use a 55" 4K TV

I have a 55” at home, I like it and it works well. I could always I guess bring it to work and hook it up to see how it goes before buying another. Any issues using a tv versus a monitor?

I mounted a 65" 4K TV in my conference room and then ran an HDMI cable from it to my computer in my office nearby. I also ran a USB cable, which I connected to a Logitech C920 webcam mounted above the TV, a microphone mounted to the ceiling above the conference room table, and a wireless mouse and keyboard. A pair of powered speakers flanked the TV for sound. With this setup, I could conduct design review meetings in person, or share my screen via Teams for people attending remotely.

I went with a powered USB cable due to distance, and placed the wireless dongle directly above the center of the conference room table (along with the microphone). The webcam was aimed at the center of the table, and set to auto focus. The TV was set to mirror the center monitor in my office. I found this to be a very effective arrangement. Everyone could see the screen, and I could easily record our meetings. Audio quality was excellent.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RobDesLLC said:

I mounted a 65" 4K TV in my conference room and then ran an HDMI cable from it to my computer in my office nearby. I also ran a USB cable, which I connected to a Logitech C920 webcam mounted above the TV, a microphone mounted to the ceiling above the conference room table, and a wireless mouse and keyboard. A pair of powered speakers flanked the TV for sound. With this setup, I could conduct design review meetings in person, or share my screen via Teams for people attending remotely.

I went with a powered USB cable due to distance, and placed the wireless dongle directly above the center of the conference room table (along with the microphone). The webcam was aimed at the center of the table, and set to auto focus. The TV was set to mirror the center monitor in my office. I found this to be a very effective arrangement. Everyone could see the screen, and I could easily record our meetings. Audio quality was excellent.

Thanks for the great information!