Lower Floating Deck Stairs

agriffiths

Hey everyone, I am at a loss as to what I am doing wrong here and have tried to find the answers in the forum, but can't seem to.

What can I do here to lower these stairs? I need the top tread to attach to the deck and the bottom to be on the ground. May be related but I also can't seem to get the railing to sit ON the deck without it acting as a part of the deck (even though the deck is separate). Any insight is greatly appreoiated!

image.thumb.png.be5288e2242da100d2319d50f7359819.png

25 minutes ago, agriffiths said:

appreoiated

please post your .plan file so we can take a look. Can't tell about the railing without seeing the plan though I have some guesses. For your stairs, draw the stairs using alternate draw mode(right mouse click) This will draw the stairs down, thus changing the reference elevation

You can also just turn off "automatic heights" for the stairs and then adjust the top and bottom to be whatever you want.

If you make your fence "no room definition" it will fix your deck railing.  Not sure why the fence affects the deck though.

Might want to fix the alignment on the deck rail that joins the invisible deck rail because you have a slight jog.

2 minutes ago, agriffiths said:

it seems it's happening on my rocks as well - they won't move from their elevation line. I'm at a loss!

This is because you have a fence that is creating a Room and the rocks are set to be positioned relative to the finished floor elevation.

1. Make all fences 'No Room Definition'
  2. Set all landscaping objects to be positioned relative to Terrain, not finished floor. 

image.thumb.png.c11e40dd4ed5c057d282acf8da22f0c1.png

For your rocks, it looks like you are using a distribution path.  If you open it up, and use the "edit" button, you can change the way the rocks work.  If you make them relative to the terrain height they will sit on the terrain whatever height it is.

Looks like Robert beat me on the rocks but since I beat him on the fence, I call it "win" for both of us.

6 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

You can also just turn off "automatic heights" for the stairs and then adjust the top and bottom to be whatever you want.

If you make your fence "no room definition" it will fix your deck railing.  Not sure why the fence affects the deck though.

Might want to fix the alignment on the deck rail that joins the invisible deck rail because you have a slight jog.

The JOG is happening because the fence is refusing to act independently. I'll give your suggestion a try and see if that changes things.

Thanks!!!!