Rotate Floorplan

Cadwork22

Go to solution Solved by Michael_Gia,

I need to rotate an entire floorplan 18.564 degrees to fit a plat.  Is there a rotate tool?  I know you can enter a wall angle, but I need an entire floorplan rotated.

Thanks,

plat.png

3 hours ago, Gawdzira said:

It is generally a lot easier in the long run to rotate the plat out of North and keep the plan on the orthogonal directions. Off angle plans are a world of pain.

I agree 100%, I had to manage a build from of a set of angled plans once and it seemed that every guy reading the plans complained about it.  There weren't that many errors, but I believe some of the mistakes were made because guys got confused in the verbal communication describing the plans. One wouldn't think that little change would have such an effect on the job site, but it did. Aside from the first few guys at the start of the build, everybody else has more interest in the direction to the coffee shop than the position of the house.

If you haven't completed the plans yet, or need revisions, you also might end up saying a few bad words at your computer while dealing with off angles...