Wall question

Cadwork22

I have a set of stairs; my client wants a pantry on the other side of the stairs that extends beneath the stairs, so one room.  How can I close up this wall without covering up the area between the stairs?

Thanks.

Screenshot 2024-03-29 181213.png

If you look at the image, there is an opening on the other side of the stairs, I need to close that without impeding the space under the stairs.  So there with be one big one room, the pantry + the understair area.

Thanks, 

Michael

I found the glass house rendering to see exactly what I need to cut out.  The forums suggested using the Inserts Into Wall tool, which I can't find in the menus.  I am in the 3d cam view to see the wall.  Is there a 3d polyline I can use?  Thanks.

2 hours ago, Cadwork22 said:

I did ( Put a wall there ) but I need to cut out the section beneath the stairs.

Not sure what you did since you didn't share but editing the Wall Polyline in an Elevation camera, ie break where needed and pull bottom up in this case, same method as you would do a Stepped Foundation Wall, is how I've always done this.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/402/stepping-a-foundation.html?playlist=85

M.

I think what OP needs to do, which Solver alluded to in his wonderful cryptic fashion, is to build the new wall to create the pantry, but then making an opening in the wall under the stair using a pass-through.

He just has to shape the pass-through in the triangular shape to fully open access under the stairs. 

However, this is all guesswork.