Text Won't Auto Expand With Shared Drawings

DHerb2014

Want to reach out to you regarding a conflict I'm having with text shown in both Plan and Layout files. I'm collaborating with another designer, and when opening up an existing plan file, the text is sometimes jammed together and does not automatically resize itself.

Attaching an image of what I'm encountering. I went to Preferences and Default settings and didn't find anything to change this around.

Text Conflict X15.jpg

32 minutes ago, DHerb2014 said:

text is sometimes jammed together

My hunch is font substitution is happening, i.e. you don't have the font installed on your system that the other designer is using.

We're both using the same font (Bahnschrift Light Condensed), and just checked all of the setting in Default. Reopened the Layout file and it's still crowding the characters together.

Perry, thanks for your suggestion. What is the cause for this, as this happens many times when sharing files with a colleague? Having to manually open and stretch the text boxes is time consuming, and wondering how to prevent this from occurring?

I work on both a Macbook Pro and a Windows desktop and run into this anytime I switch machines. I just do what Perry says and it fixes it. Kind of a pain in the butt, I just figured it was a operating system hiccup. You learn something new everyday.  

Thanks for your comment as well Rosco. I'm running both platforms.

Perry's correct. My colleague uses a very small display setting on his 34" monitor. My eyes aren't as young anymore and I need to use a larger screen display for my 34" Dell monitor (3440 x 1440 and 150% text size) . Learned something new today as well!

13 hours ago, DHerb2014 said:

Thanks for your comment as well Rosco. I'm running both platforms.

Perry's correct. My colleague uses a very small display setting on his 34" monitor. My eyes aren't as young anymore and I need to use a larger screen display for my 34" Dell monitor (3440 x 1440 and 150% text size) . Learned something new today as well!

Use regular text instead of rich text and it’s not an issue