DOOR GAP

cchs14

You could also drag the driveway slab closer to the garage door so that it covers the section of garage floor that is showing. Or just make both the garage floor the same material as the driveway.

• Downvote 1

Try dragging the driveway up to the edge of the door so that it covers the section of floor that is showing. I did this with the door on the right:

1687624593_Screenshot2024-03-08103412.thumb.png.8860bd9ad9079ba55160f70bf03b056f.png

1 minute ago, Michael_Gia said:

Are we really all going to pretend that Chief doesn't have a problem with garage door sills? or entry door sills?

That's the purpose of my work around.

1 minute ago, ericepv said:

That's the purpose of my work around.

sure, but OP is a new user and probably thinks he is doing something wrong.  

Your work arounds are good, though.

I personally just draw a garage sill with a slab and give it's own layer.

I draw it in a cross section to give it the profile I want and then adjust the terrain just below the front edge of the sill.

13 hours ago, cchs14 said:

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME FIX THESE GAPS PLEASE AND THANKS IN ADVANCE...

DOOR GAP.JPG

For the house entry doors: I check the add a sill box and place the door up 1" to show the threshold and cover the flooring.

For the garage: I set my room floor slab material to 'No Material' and then manually draw in a concrete slab at the regular thickness (which shows correctly in cross sections). This allows for proper sizing and shapes of the slab, ie: the slab floor can then sit on top of the foundation wall door cutouts, and properly extend to the outside edge of the foundation wall - as it happens in the real world. This allows a lot more control to cover up any slab to wall gaps seen in 3D caused by a pony wall with a thicker lower wall than upper - like the inside foam on an ICF foundation or a floor check with a foam thermal break. You also don't see the foundation wall anymore if you put the door up. If need be, I lower the OH door by 1/16" and it will hide the thin white sill that always seems to be there. The driveway height doesn't have to be so exact as terrain elevations can be a chore as well at times. 

On a side note, as this isn't as per your example, when both the house and garage are on a slab, code here requires a min 2" lower garage slab elevation to house slab. An easy way to achieve this (without the frustration of trying to get a handle on all the settings on the different levels) is to simply make the 'No Material' 2" thicker than your manually drawn slab and set the top of slab at minus 2" from absolute . IE: Top of house slab is absolute (0"), set garage floor 'No Material' to 6", draw a 4" slab in the garage and set the top to -2" from absolute. And as a bonus, no matter how far down you put the slab, you can still have baseboards at the wood framed wall bottom using the normal room defaults.

Door sills are far from perfect, but setting your door heights only has to be preset once, same with the 'No Material' garage floor default, so the only additional step you have to do for each new plan is draw the garage slab.

1895742673_GarageSlabDetail.thumb.png.695df0bd8e165ed8927958c1ec4de6c3.png