Terrain taking forever to interpolate not sure if there is anything I can change to speed up?

cbucks

I had a plan with a couple structures on it where the foundation wall was also retaining the terrain. It was taking forever so I copied the terrain perimeter, areas, and roads to a new file attached and it is pretty much doing the same. Not sure why it is taking so long and/or if there is anything I can do to speed it up. I am also having issues where the driveway is not making the counter lines going up. Should go up and then back down and around. All of the lines should be straight lines but I have a feeling there are a lot of breaks in there and being a new b not sure how to clear out all the breaks other than creating a whole new region.

2024-03-02 Terrain.plan

You have too much going on with overlapping items that are confusing the program.  Use terrain break tool with transition set to zero.  Elevation regions or lines should not overlap.  Use the terrain break for quick transitions.  You might also want to set the terrain to be big enough to encompass all of the various regions.  Adjust the terrain specification settings to be at low or even linear.  It might help if you do a little more research and practice before taking on a terrain that is this complex.

I got your terrain build down to 30 sec buy setting terrain smoothing to Low and triangle count to low, elevation regions turn of interpolate tangent to edge.

There something funky about this file as after I got it going faster the file size jumped  from 5meg to 120 meg

Other problems not related to build time, the biggest elevation region is overlapping retaining wall  and another retaining wall bottom height has been manually dragged open structure tab and reset default bottom height

Screen showing other problems

35 minutes ago, Mark3D said:

I got your terrain build down to 30 sec buy setting terrain smoothing to Low and triangle count to low, elevation regions turn of interpolate tangent to edge.

There something funky about this file as after I got it going faster the file size jumped  from 5meg to 120 meg

Other problems not related to build time, the biggest elevation region is overlapping retaining wall  and another retaining wall bottom height has been manually dragged open structure tab and reset default bottom height

Ashampoo_Snap_Sunday, 3 March 2024_10h10m18s_001_.jpeg

Here's what I did: Resize the terrain so all items are within or meeting the terrain perimeter. Nothing extending beyond. Check for elevation region overlaps. That took the build time down to 2 seconds.

Another good tip for you: adjust your fill patterns used in plan view to solid fill wherever possible. If you need to see through them, adjust the transparency. Busy fill patterns in plan view slow Chief down as well.

image.thumb.png.512fb1c3fcdd163e76b50ea64486cafd.png

5 hours ago, robdyck said:

Here's what I did: Resize the terrain so all items are within or meeting the terrain perimeter. Nothing extending beyond. Check for elevation region overlaps. That took the build time down to 2 seconds.

Another good tip for you: adjust your fill patterns used in plan view to solid fill wherever possible. If you need to see through them, adjust the transparency. Busy fill patterns in plan view slow Chief down as well.

image.thumb.png.512fb1c3fcdd163e76b50ea64486cafd.png

I tried your suggestion increasing terrain size that made 7 seconds quicker, did you get a massive file size increase ?