Anyone have 3d object for Crystal rail frameless railing system or way to create similar?

cbucks

• cbucks changed the title to Anyone have 3d object for Crystal rail frameless railing system or way to create similar?

I tried to make this railing. Straight railing works fine, but I can't figure out the corners (I didn't find any option to assign something separate to the corner) and am unable to save a rail panel with lighting. I have all the parts and materials in the folder. You can try building it by yourself. There is one panel with lights in the parts folder, which is an electrical symbol.

If anyone knows how can we add specific corners to the railing? It would be great to learn. Plus is there any way to attach lights to the railing?

Maybe @Renerabbitt can work something out.

Everyone feel free to use the symbol. The final one is the crystal rail, you can draw it as a railing. :)

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Crystal Rail By Arman Chahal X15.calibz

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ArmanChahal2 said:

(I didn't find any option to assign something separate to the corner)

Make newel posts that are just a corner bracket and set the distnce between newels to be a very large number. Nice work

On 2/19/2024 at 8:23 AM, Renerabbitt said:

Make newel posts that are just a corner bracket and set the distnce between newels to be a very large number. Nice work

I made the middle brackets as newel posts. But its a good idea, I should add the middle brackets into the panel mesh and use corners as newels. 

I will give it a try this weekend,

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, ArmanChahal said:

I made the middle brackets as newel posts. But its a good idea, I should add the middle brackets into the panel mesh and use corners as newels. 

I will give it a try this weekend,

Thank you.

in that case, just put half of the bracket in the panel mesh and that way it butts at the corner

5 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

in that case, just put half of the bracket in the panel mesh and that way it butts at the corner

Well that's way to go. This should solve all the problems.

Thank you so much.

Just one final problem and it will be done. I need to somehow overlap these 2 panels enough so they connect. I will try to figure it out tonight. Did improved the model for the bracket though. The corners are coming together.

02.jpg

01.jpg

03.jpg

• Upvote 1