Importing PDF from engineer with title block

EastAveDesign

13 minutes ago, EastAveDesign said:

Hi All, I am trying to import a PDF that already has the title block into my layout but my title block is showing.  How do I turn off the title block for some of the pages?

Thanks, Chad

Take a blank page and open the edit page information tool  and then set that page to a template page. Then go to the pages where you need the PDF and open the the edit page information tool for those pages and choose your new blank page template

• Like 2

You might not need to create a blank template page because you can always just choose "none" for the template.

Now if you want some pages to use one template and other pages to use another template (that actually has something on it), then I would create a new template and assign the pages I want to use it.

• Like 1

So assuming the following;

1. That you just want that page in your final documents as it is from the engineer with their title block.

2. You want to add that page to your sheet index

If this is the case then you can do what I usually do with any consultants’ sheets and not import the pages at all in Chief.  I will put a blank page with the engineers sheet name/number and place a single cad item on that page so the sheet will show in the index appropriately. Print the pdf set and then use any standard pdf viewer to remove the empty sheets and add the engineers sheets.  It results with the full set with structural sheets included both in the location you want them as well as how you want them and you don’t get file bloat from importing a pdf into a sheet.  I use this technique with structural and mechanical engineers, title 24, cal green, interior designers, spec sheets. etc.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, rgardner said:

So assuming the following;

1. That you just want that page in your final documents as it is from the engineer with their title block.

2. You want to add that page to your sheet index

If this is the case then you can do what I usually do with any consultants’ sheets and not import the pages at all in Chief.  I will put a blank page with the engineers sheet name/number and place a single cad item on that page so the sheet will show in the index appropriately. Print the pdf set and then use any standard pdf viewer to remove the empty sheets and add the engineers sheets.  It results with the full set with structural sheets included both in the location you want them as well as how you want them and you don’t get file bloat from importing a pdf into a sheet.  I use this technique with structural and mechanical engineers, title 24, cal green, interior designers, spec sheets. etc.

This is exactly how we do it. It's the way to go.

I haven't tried adding them to Chief in a few versions but I know that it used to skyrocket the file size when done that way, never understood why.