Cross Section object display help

GrizzlyBear

Go to solution Solved by Renerabbitt,

I have an interior wall elevation (Tile, Bath 1) in my Cross Sections folder that I need to work on that uses a custom layer set (Tile and Backsplash Layer Set). I can't seem to get the shower pan to show itself not matter what I do.

-The layer that the shower pan is on is the 'Fixtures, Interior' layer and I have verified that the box for that layer is checked.

-Tried displaying ALL layers.

-I have tried pulling my elevation camera all the way through the opposing wall.

-Even tried opening and closing shower door.

-And finally of course opening and closing the program.

Bouknight_rev2.plan.zip

Thx for any help!

• Solution
29 minutes ago, GrizzlyBear said:

I have an interior wall elevation (Tile, Bath 1) in my Cross Sections folder that I need to work on that uses a custom layer set (Tile and Backsplash Layer Set). I can't seem to get the shower pan to show itself not matter what I do.

-The layer that the shower pan is on is the 'Fixtures, Interior' layer and I have verified that the box for that layer is checked.

-Tried displaying ALL layers.

-I have tried pulling my elevation camera all the way through the opposing wall.

-Even tried opening and closing shower door.

-And finally of course opening and closing the program.

Bouknight_rev2.plan.zip 3.06 MB · 2 downloads

Thx for any help!

without opening your plan I am guessing that you are using a wall elevation camera, which is clipped to a room. you need to edit your active view and uncheck clip to room and then likely adjust a back clip and side clip parameters

The shower base is showing...it just appears like a baseboard. Just a suggestion...the glass shower wall should be centered on the width of the base curb. Then raise the door 5" or so....to the top of the shower base.

2024-01-29_17-25-45.thumb.png.8df4aff282a7f07e47e827b1e38233f9.png 2024-01-29_17-29-49.thumb.png.460de19c0aeac6391293d564f6ffb29f.png2024-01-29_17-27-24.thumb.png.f4ea61eb4e037526139910f75b6f3f5a.png

14 minutes ago, GrizzlyBear said:

and I have no idea how I would have figured that one out.

I'll explain how I learned this tool's function. Single click the Wall Elevation tool and then press F1. From Help:

The Wall Elevation tool creates an interior elevation of a single wall defining the room that the camera is drawn in. It creates a 2D projection of that wall and the objects located between that wall and its Cross Section Line; 

This statement from Help should guide us to understand the difference between a Wall Elevation and the back clipping function of other camera views. 

Further reading in the Help file is even more descriptive: With the camera dialog open, press help and review that page, specifically the Scene Clipping portion. This should explain why a wall elevation isn't showing anything beyond the glass wall (the base is in a different room).

Best of luck!

• Like 1