RTRT WYSIWYG...maybe not

SHCanada2

I dont think most people  use RTRT cameras on layouts, but if there someone that does, or if someone knows how to " fix" this it would be appreciated.

The CA save to PDF is creating a washout look compared to what I see in camera or the camera on layout, for cameras with bright sunlight. It can be seen most in the camera on the lower right:

Layout:

image.thumb.png.478f653cf965c5643eec78294b2666ea.png

PDF (600DPI @24x36) to scale

image.thumb.png.b3e4cb8e36a906065aad8f53d80e86d0.png

camera:

image.thumb.png.367e327a573304cc23c5b5da41e74edd.png

thanks

You need to turn down the "Sunlight" using RTRT. Photo realism doesn't just happen if one is a "good buy", rather it is resident completely your responsibility to tweak a rendering by adjusting its settings (material and lighting) to obtain an acceptable result. Unfortunately it is an Art as opposed to a Science, you learn via study followed by practice-trial and error.

DJP

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

You need to turn down the "Sunlight" using RTRT. Photo realism doesn't just happen if one is a "good buy"

I'm not sure I understand. If the camera is how I like it, then I need to reduce the sunlight so it is darker than I would like, so that when it prints to pdf, it is brighter than the camera? This would seem to be a painful process

I found the problem, or perhaps, weird behaviour.

If the camera is actually open when I print the layout to pdf, it prints correctly. If the camera is not open, it gets the washed out look

it does happen if I reduce the sun as well, just much less obvious, I reduced the sun from 2500 to 500, much better

image.png