Library is soooooo slow.

mgannage

How are you guys managing the new library? I have saved some of my favorite items and deleted entire catalogs and still it takes forever to find an item. It is really bogging me down. How have you dealt with the new library functionality?

22 minutes ago, mgannage said:

How are you guys managing the new library? I have saved some of my favorite items and deleted entire catalogs and still it takes forever to find an item. It is really bogging me down. How have you dealt with the new library functionality?

Do you have it set to search online? Not at my computer right now but that will slow it down.

39 minutes ago, Chrisb222 said:

Do you have it set to search online?

"Chief Architect x12" -- If this is still accurate, then disregard this

If you are in fact on X15, then this is what Chris is referring to:

image.png.4fa709522fd4e11dfbe94d08003a0b44.png

(and also please update your signature so we can assume correctly in the future :) )

18 hours ago, mgannage said:

No I do not. Went round and round and finally called Chief. Long story short, my computer has a bad video card.

Or maybe it doesn’t, no offense to chief, but sometimes they get it wrong. If you’ve saved materials to your library that used the pattern generator tool then you’re trying to load 1000’s of vector lines.

try removing the user library from your data folder while chief is shut down and then open chief again. It will generate a new library.. is it still slow? Also use the OOTB residential template that is in your program data folder. Chief previews library items based on your template.. is it still slow then?

• Like 1