Saved Plan Views With Different Text And Dimension Scale

Ed_Orum

Go to solution Solved by Chrisb222,

I drew this plan with 1/4"=1' for both dimensions and text.

I saved the plan view.

Then I duplicated the plan view, and gave it the name "1/8".

I changed the default dimensions to 1/8"=1' for both dimensions and texts.

I changed the text and dimensions from 1/4" to 1/8".

I saved the plan view and closed it.

When I opened the 1/4" Saved Plan View (the one I duplicated to make the 1/8" Saved Plan View) all of the dimensions and text were at 1/8".  Even thought they are different saved plan views with different properties for the text and dimensions, they will not operate independently of each other.
What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Lane

• Solution
44 minutes ago, Ed_Orum said:

hmmm, ok trying again with the plan

Set your dimension default to "Use Layer For Text Style" and then in each Saved Plan View, select the appropriate text style in the Layer Display Options.

34549638_ScreenShot2023-12-29at3_21_25PM.thumb.png.d5a9825ccfc08716de56c79da726b801.png

308428_ScreenShot2023-12-29at3_22_53PM.thumb.png.a4384b7bf07b2f559a9ddc56d3a50623.png

508919530_ScreenShot2023-12-29at3_24_28PM.thumb.png.5c74311a9c1ec262be84a3bea6baff7c.png

455364850_ScreenShot2023-12-29at3_24_36PM.thumb.png.dd3ede8b9d5e26abbedd4992481cde2b.png

You can do the same for Plain Text, which follows a similar scheme as Dimensions, but Rich Text will not follow those same rules. You can have different sizes per SPV when you create Rich Text, but it won't change size when you switch views because it obeys a different algorithm.

On 12/29/2023 at 5:09 PM, Ed_Orum said:

Thanks, that did it.  
Now I'll try the text.

I bet that after you went in and made changes to your saved plan view, you forgot to hit the “save plan view” button after closing the dialogue box. 

Also a good habit is to select “never save” at the bottom of the first panel of the Plan View dialogue box. 

• Like 1

I use Never Save because I often make temporary changes that I don't want saved, and I dont want to be prompted. If I make a permanent change, which is rare, I simply save it manually.

I also don't use the Remember Zoom option that you have checked. I had to turn that off while working on your plan because I prefer to switch between plan views without relocating.

• Upvote 1

On 1/1/2024 at 11:22 AM, Chrisb222 said:

I use Never Save because I often make temporary changes that I don't want saved, and I dont want to be prompted. If I make a permanent change, which is rare, I simply save it manually.

I would just like to ask you if you also would like this behaviour for layer sets?

That is, any temporary changes to a layer set do not modify the layer set unless you specifically hit a "save layer set" button. 

We don't have a, save layer set, button yet but don't you think that this is how layer sets should also work?

Sometimes I just want to temporarily hide a layer but I don't want to alter the layer set and I don't want to create a new layer set for what I'm trying to do.