Can anyone share a symbol for this cabinet? I don't know how to make the curved section

Breeze_Design

Go to solution Solved by rgardner,

Consider doing it as a standard wall cab for the upper section, and below, an easy-to-model symbol made with three 3D solids textured to match what is in the cabinet.  A deck/shelf with rounded corners, two ends, no top.  Sized and placed correctly, the resulting cab should look like it has one-piece sides when rendered.  Done this way, you can have any doors on it that you have in your libraries.

5 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

Consider doing it as a standard wall cab for the upper section, and below, an easy-to-model symbol made with three 3D solids textured to match what is in the cabinet.  A deck/shelf with rounded corners, two ends, no top.  Sized and placed correctly, the resulting cab should look like it has one-piece sides when rendered.  Done this way, you can have any doors on it that you have in your libraries.

Thanks - I'll give it a go :)

2 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

Timer on.  Eight minutes.  The four parts below the wall cab are 3D solids.  

I have fat fingers.

Screenshot 2023-12-04 133806.png

Try what Ryan Suggested and turn those side pieces into doors..You can make this be a cabinet with no additional solids needed

7 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

How will the shelf deck which wraps the sides and has rounded front corners be addressed if doing sides as doors?

The cabinet is still squared off but that rounded portion is the custom door which has a corner missing for all intents and purposes...

I understood the door used at sides (need for a LH and RH) was a custom with an overhang and corner cut, but the deck/shelf front edge is out to the plane of the door faces and has its corners rounded.

I'm always interested in the clever ways to do Chief cabinets (I am a dummy with them), but if the job is a one-off and it's gonna get built by having a cabinet source quote and order it using somebody's cab line, I'd be happy with the thing I did with solids.  The plan and elevation and render views will look fine, the schedule will need a note because the size will report wrong and won't show the shelf (if the schedule includes 2D or 3D cab views).

I'm not a dummy with the CNC app I use for cab jobs, though, and would have no trouble doing this cabinet with all its lock-dado and pocketscrew details.

4 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

I'm always interested in the clever ways to do Chief cabinets (I am a dummy with them),

no not a dummy, thats a good question.
Make a custom millwork symbol and adjust the bounding box of that symbol to be the depth of the cabinet. Then apply it as a shelf. You're very close to making something cool :)
image.thumb.png.f423ed774e33ca0e838a17c8f8bfbe6e.png

• Upvote 1