Wall Base Question

JKEdmo

Good morning to all,

My mulled window unit is not suppressing the room's wall base / molding.  You can see the 4" base running through the window unit below.  Is there a setting somewhere for this?

As a test, I deleted window unit and replaced with door.  The wall base stopped at the door as expected.

Thanks again for help,

Jim

image.thumb.png.c48e0b4e9b52630b666d2062e1be3d6c.png

Works for me.  You might need to post the plan.  

You can always convert the room molding into a molding polyline and then modify it manually.  The problem with this is that if you then make any changes to your walls you will  have to manually update the molding poly.

4 minutes ago, JKEdmo said:

Tried that but didn't work.

It will cut the base if you set the window at 0" above floor instead of your 2" AFF setting:

732430510_ScreenShot2023-12-01at4_29_27PM.thumb.png.7e7f62651d3b85a8c8390940ccab328b.png

Apparently the baseboard won't cut when the window isn't all the way down. If you want the casing to go under the window instead of the baseboard, you may need to manually edit the baseboard as described by DB above.

• Upvote 1

Solver's suggestion does appear to work. I just added a casing (the size didn't seem to affect it but I wanted to check) to the lower windows and it cut the molding. It can be exterior or interior casing of any size. Mulling them back together keeps it cut. I'm not sure what causes that but, as Chris said, it cuts fine until it is 2" from the floor. If building 2" from the floor like your model shows, add the casing.

image.thumb.png.181de9daecb5aef923328d0dabacccc9.png

Thanks to everyone for the very responsive and detailed help.  I will work through all this!

P.S. I went to the grocery store and came back 1 hour later to all this good input.  Really a helpful community.

Jim

• Like 1