Message prompt to save on deleting any object

MountainMan

Happy Tuesday!

On deleting any object I'm given the prompt shown in the image below. If I click SAVE then it saves and closes Chief. If I click CANCEL it deletes the object but also closes any other view tabs I have open. This is new to me in X15. Do I have something set wrong???

Thanks in advance

image.thumb.png.38a2705526b0476f64245e88a6b7f7c7.png

The Message appears to be because you are trying to close an UN-saved Plan , note the * asterisk before the File Name on the Plan views Tab, not a deletion?

* a similar message can also be triggered by Saved Plan Views, when switching Plan Views, for example if  "always save" is also set  and if you have changed the Layer Display or have Set to save the Zoom and have zoomed in or out etc.

image.thumb.png.427c059e1e90d952fce0376b04deb04f.png

That doesn't sound right.

When you delete something, you should only get a message if you have "warn before deleting" turned on in your "general plan defaults".  The program shouldn't ask you if you want to save your plan and close.  

Are you using the latest update (25.3)?  If not, then you should install it.  Lots of bugs get fixed in the updates so you should always use the latest version.

Maybe something is corrupt in your plan and it's causing the program to close abnormally?  You could try posting it here and see if someone has the same problem.

If all else fails, I would call tech support.  Might be a system problem or some other weird thing going on.

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

this can also be triggered by Saved Plan Views, when switching Plan Views, for example if  "always save" is also set  and if you have changed the Layer Display or

have Set to save the Zoom and have zoomed in or out etc.

That's a different message, specifically stating "the saved plan view", the message in the screenshot is definitely the message you get when the plan/program is trying to close but there's unsaved work. Which is super bizarre. But more specifically:

2 hours ago, MountainMan said:

If I click SAVE then it saves and closes Chief. If I click CANCEL it deletes the object but also closes any other view tabs I have open.

This is the exact behavior you'll see if you have a plan and a bunch of views open and you hit the X to close the program.

My first questions are: How are you deleting objects? Are you just pressing the Delete key on your keyboard, or are you pressing the Delete button in the bottom toolbar? Does it do the same thing when you do either?

I'm wondering if there's somehow some mixed up system hotkey that's allowing the Delete key to close the program (search me as to how that would even happen though), in which case using the toolbar button you'd not see this happen. Of course, you'd expect to see that same behavior in any other program when you press the Delete key. Very weird, indeed.

12 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

That's a different message, specifically stating "the saved plan view", the message in the screenshot is definitely the message you get when the plan/program is trying to close but there's unsaved work. Which is super bizarre. But more specifically:

True. and I should of been clearer above ( * will edit)  but you might be surprised how many think it is the same message, it's one I've been asked a lot....

M.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Upon further investigation it seems to only be happening in this particular plan. It was originally created in X9 and then imported. I'll try tech support but if it doesn't get anywhere I guess I'll put up with it while I work in this plan.

Kevin