Window Schedule

QualicoreHomes

Hello, 

I would like to add a column to my window schedule that specifies the wall thickness, is that a possibility?  I have a project with several different wall thicknesses so I thought it would be nice to add a column where it would indicated whether the wall is a 2x4, 2x6 etc.  Thanks for any help!!

Gerard, if you're using a typical PVC or Aluminum window with a nailing flange, the frame depth or wall thickness may provide slightly confusing information to a supplier.

I could see my phone ringing with questions about why I'm specifying a 7" jamb instead of a 6 9/16" jamb.

Seeing as in our region, jamb depth is measured inward from the nailing flange, the frame depth or wall thickness could have the exterior layers removed from the reported value. 

This is simply done using a manual calculation added to the macro, but it does mean that you'll need to know the exterior wall cladding layer thickness and subtract those from your reported value. Perhaps @solver knows a way to include a macro that automatically reports the wall thickness, minus the exterior cladding thickness, plus 1/16" for construction tolerance.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Rob, 

Sorry, I did not see your reply till now.  Yes I agree and I was hoping to get something as simple as just showing whether the wall, in which the window is installed, is a 2x4, 2x6 or 2x8 wall for the same reason as you indicated.  Would there be a possibility to report the wall thickness like that?

6 hours ago, QualicoreHomes said:

Hello Rob, 

Sorry, I did not see your reply till now.  Yes I agree and I was hoping to get something as simple as just showing whether the wall, in which the window is installed, is a 2x4, 2x6 or 2x8 wall for the same reason as you indicated.  Would there be a possibility to report the wall thickness like that?

If your walls are named very nicely, then a simple macro to include in the OIP would be: %containing_wall.automatic_description%

• Upvote 1