Cabinet / Door Cut List

JennaJenris

Hi. I am using CA15 and we are a custom cabinet company.  I have two questions to try and streamline our production and ordering.

(1) I am currently doing the designs in CA and generating a set of drawings but then we are having to manually create a cut list for the cabinets themselves and then a door/drawer front list and drawer box list. Can I produce any of these detailed list from CA? 

(2) Is there a way to calculate the SF of doors to be ordered? This would be very helpful for estimating.

Thanks in advance. 

I don't think so.  I use the freeware eCabinets alongside Chief and from a Chief cab schedule, enter all the cabs into a job batch, then produce the buy list, which lists out every door, drawerfront, drawerbox, drawerslide, and hinge in the job.

Another output from the job batch is the CNC file that gets emailed to the cutting shop, from which we source all the carcase parts that are all labeled, shipped flat all banded and shrinkwrapped to pallets, for assembly usually at the sites but sometimes at the shops.

I then take the eCabs buy list and enter it all into Walzcraft's interactive online ordering system, and it spits out the orders.  I am not concerned with s.f. per door or d'front, but that is an output element from the Walzcraft system.

Hi @Joe_Carrick how does the macro figure drawer box sizes?  Their width depends on the slides used, and height is typically done in scheduled increments and not figured as a simple formula from the opening height.  And does it specify thickness for sides, fronts, backs, and bottoms, plus bottom insets?  Further, Chief does not model a door to door center gap margin for paired doors.  Does your macro size double doors based on user input for gap?

5 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

Hi @Joe_Carrick how does the macro figure drawer box sizes?  Their width depends on the slides used, and height is typically done in scheduled increments and not figured as a simple formula from the opening height.  And does it specify thickness for sides, fronts, backs, and bottoms, plus bottom insets?  Further, Chief does not model a door to door center gap margin for paired doors.  Does your macro size double doors based on user input for gap?

He can account for all of this. I can do the same. Give the user some configurable global variables for variable pricing and specification. I can even build an advanced pricing model based on all types of data from the cabinet publishers:
image.thumb.png.c7b283d05ddc3bd35cafdea46886363e.png

8 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

He can account for all of this. I can do the same. Give the user some configurable global variables for variable pricing and specification. I can even build an advanced pricing model based on all types of data from the cabinet publishers:
image.thumb.png.c7b283d05ddc3bd35cafdea46886363e.png

Is this add on and capability something you currently sell or something you could build out? 

14 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

FWIW, I have a macro solution that lists all doors, drawers, drawer fronts and panels.

It displays the details in the cabinet schedule and/or in a formatted text box.

The price for this macro package is $75

Where could I look into this package further? 

1 hour ago, GeneDavis said:

I'm not seeing drawerbox sizes or drawerslides, or a CNC file for the carcase build

I Can give drawer slides and drawer box if someone commissions me to do so. Can handle it with symbols or user-inpout variables or IFTTT logic. Not producing a CNC file, I would post that in suggestions as we don’t have control over frame width in terms of graphics though I can do a lot on the macro side 

11 minutes ago, JennaJenris said:

Is this add on and capability something you currently sell or something you could build out? 

I would look to joes macros first to see if that handles what you want it to handle. My system is custom built depending on the company needs and includes a bunch of tools, a template, new toolbars and symbols:

https://www.rabbittdesign.net/shop/p/automatic-chief-architect-cabinet-pricing-system

@JennaJenris Hi, I wonder if you can explain how you are using the size info you say you need tabbed out, to order or make cabinets.

My customers that are builders and remodelers, all buy the cabinet packages unbundled and site-build or shop-build the cabinets themselves.  This means the carcases come from one source, and the fronts, d'boxes, finished trim and moldings come from another.  Hardware is purchased separately.  These customers are the de facto cabinetmakers.  Shipments of the various sub-packages arrive at the location at which cabinets are built.

For those customers, a cabinet door order includes much more detail than just the height and width and count of doors.  Doors are specified by style code, edge treatment, panel raise (if stile and rail type), wood species, and finish, plus hinge machining, this by bore spec, bore backset, depth, and type fixing (Blum Inserta, etc.), plus bore positions.

I've done work for clients who are the property owners and they hire the contractors that do the jobs, and my work product for them, cabinet-scope-wise, is the kind of plan views, elevations, details, and schedules one sees on a typical set of construction documents.  Those packages get quoted ordered and built the typical way:  cabinet shops or dealers that represent the brand names such as Wellborn, Crystal, or whatever work from the plans and the clients to tailor and supply a package as needed.

• 3 months later...
On 11/8/2023 at 6:33 PM, Joe_Carrick said:

FWIW, I have a macro solution that lists all doors, drawers, drawer fronts and panels.

It displays the details in the cabinet schedule and/or in a formatted text box.

The price for this macro package is $75

HI Joe,

How can i get more information on this macro package?