Blocking a whole building

msmith964

I read a post a while back about someone who created a block of a whole building to drop it into another plan. I need to do that and was wondering how that is done. I tried 'selecting all' in both plan view and 3D camera mode and nothing happens. Has anyone does this before?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, msmith964 said:

I read a post a while back about someone who created a block of a whole building to drop it into another plan. I need to do that and was wondering how that is done. I tried 'selecting all' in both plan view and 3D camera mode and nothing happens. Has anyone does this before?

Thanks!

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00344/modeling-a-subdivision-or-lot-with-multiple-structures.html?fbclid=IwAR32gUILvHB1iOoZN5d36xP9Tsnq_TXXoRTiQXvxrFx8aJHVnq6_Lr70ChI

On 10/24/2023 at 7:35 AM, msmith964 said:

I need to do that and was wondering how that is done. I tried 'selecting all' in both plan view

If you need a full "working" Chief Model and not a Symbol you can also use Edit > Edit Area > (Choose Option)  and then drag a Edit Area box around everything to be included > paste    into a new Plan.

Mick.