Change ceiling height in one room changes all adjacent rooms

moreauj

I'm new to Chief Architect but have used Home Designer Pro for a number of years.

I'm working on a plan started in Home Designer, now in Chief Architect.

I need adjacent rooms separated by an invisible wall to have different ceiling heights as this sets the wall height to the top plates.

(Manual hip roof planes are not symetrical so one exterior hip wall needs to be lower than the other exterior wall.)

When I change the ceiling height in one room, some adjacent rooms change to the same height as well but others don't.

This is the opposite behavior to Home Designer where a change only affects one room..

Is there a default setting somewhere that needs to be disabled to allow adjacent rooms to have a different ceiling height?

I have already found in Roof defaults and disabled:

"Same Roof Height at exterior walls", and;

"Same Height Eaves"

I have also tried making the wall visible as a test, and;

Disabling Roof and Ceiling over these rooms in the Room Dialogue.

I still can't set different room heights. 

Thanks

On 10/4/2023 at 11:13 AM, moreauj said:

When I change the ceiling height in one room, some adjacent rooms change to the same height as well but others don't.

It may be that walls of rooms on floor above need to be aligned with walls on the subject floor. Otherwise, raising a room's ceiling will push the floor platform of the room above upward and that room above may be above other rooms.

Thank you for your suggestions.  I deleted all adjacent walls to the problem area and rebuilt them one room at time watching and setting my ceiling heights as I went.

The problem did not re-occur.

As my son would say when he was little; "I dunno know!".