NON-PRINTING

mkennedy2000

So, I'm working on a project with lots of back and forth. While I can just make copies of the layout, then edit each copy to change the sheets I print, it occurred to me I wouldn't mind being able to just set the sheet not to print as well as remove it from the sheet index.

In fact, I wouldn't mind having a non printing layer where i could leave notes and instructions to drafting, a change log of decision points and major edits made during design sessions and the like.

13 hours ago, mkennedy2000 said:

So, I'm working on a project with lots of back and forth. While I can just make copies of the layout, then edit each copy to change the sheets I print, it occurred to me I wouldn't mind being able to just set the sheet not to print as well as remove it from the sheet index.

In fact, I wouldn't mind having a non printing layer where i could leave notes and instructions to drafting, a change log of decision points and major edits made during design sessions and the like.

Marking a page as "Use as Page Template" will do a lot of what you want. The page won't print, or be listed in the sheet index. But if it's in the middle of the order it will change the numbering in the index.

746590810_ScreenShot2023-09-20at9_41_11AM.thumb.png.7089db723a9a5bafec1395ea300158f8.png

Non-printing layer for a printed page can be accomplished by creating a layer for the non-printing objects, and simply turning that layer off when going to print.

77407952_ScreenShot2023-09-20at9_43_47AM.thumb.png.27f5301f487d089e058421e23ab32de0.png