Interior View versus Framing

jtcapa1

13 minutes ago, jtcapa1 said:

I'm trying to puzzle out why the 3d interior camera view will not show the "poles" (posts) except in 3d framing view?

My wall type has nothing on the interior surface, how can I get the inside 3d view to look more like the framing view?

3dFramingPoleBarn.jpg

3dFramingPoleBarnInside.jpg

WallType.jpg

Frame your walls.  

5 hours ago, jtcapa1 said:

I'm trying to puzzle out why the 3d interior camera view will not show the "poles" (posts) except in 3d framing view?

My wall type has nothing on the interior surface, how can I get the inside 3d view to look more like the framing view?

3dFramingPoleBarn.jpg

3dFramingPoleBarnInside.jpg

WallType.jpg

Just noticed your wall definition is very messed up as well.  The air gap should be in the interior layer and everything on exterior of framing should be in your exterior layers.  Just the framing layer in main layer.

I have been playing around with the automatic framing tools and horizontal framing recently to see how close to the way we build pole barns in Michigan I can get.  One thing I have recently discovered if you...

+ Draw your walls on floor 1

+ Set your wall girt layer to be in the exterior wall layers area

+ Set extension to be -4" for the wall girt layer

+ Set the bottom run elevation for the horizontal framing to be -2 1/4"

It will place the first row of wall girts starting at the bottom edge of your concrete.  This is assuming you are using 2 X 4 wall girts and have a 4" thick concrete slab.

I was then able to modify the first row of wall girts in a 3D view to mimic a 2 X 8 treated grade board around my building.

image.thumb.png.134df13681f4ba51c729096fff26a793.png

image.thumb.png.444734bd989557eb4ccafc9b80fbe8aa.png

image.thumb.png.822fee50a4a4a56ad28b91cf8253d920.png

13 hours ago, ComputerMaster86 said:

was then able to modify the first row of wall girts in a 3D view to mimic a 2 X 8 treated grade board around my building.

This was all helpful and I fixed the location of each layer location to mimic yours, But I cannot get a girt to generate at the slab or below.  What check box did I miss for that?

1. Make sure the wall girt framing layer is in the exterior layers.  Normally I have my wall girt layer as a main layer but, this doesn't allow a girt at the slab.

2. Your walls containing the wall girts need to be on floor 1 or start on floor 1.

3.  You may have to delete and regenerate the framing for it to repopulate with the new settings.

4.  make sure the wall girt layer has a value of -4" specified for the "Extension" field.  That is new and allow wall layers to extended down past other wall layers, like a framing main layer.

5. Make sure "Bottom Run Elevation" is set to -2 1/4".

In my picture above Chief architect is not going to automatically generate a 2 X 8 or other size treated grade board.  What it does generate is a 2 x 4 white lumber horizontal framing member starting at the same level as your slab.  You then go into a 3D view modify that first row of girts to mimic a grade board.