How to add Room Label Tags in addition to the generic Room Name

KDsnyder

Simply put I want to display a room "label" or "tag" in addition to displaying the room name. In other words I want my drawings to have numbered labels like the attached photo so on the finished schedule I can sort by this instead of "Bedroom" or "Bathroom" of which I multiple. Is there a way to assign these "tags" to the rooms the same way I can do so with windows and doors? Thanks!

Room Tag Example.png

• Upvote 1

On 9/4/2023 at 3:57 PM, solver said:

Did you search the forum? Various ideas have been discussed.

Yes I did however I may not have been inputting the correct terms. Everything I was finding was relating to turning the tags on or off. I'm hoping to find a solution so I can number the rooms the same way I do with other electrical/plumbing fixtures.

On 9/4/2023 at 4:31 PM, glennw said:

This may help to get you on your way:

Thanks so much for that! I was hoping to simply add the room number to the underside of the room label in a more specific way. I may have to go this route for now at least. Thanks so much!

On 9/11/2023 at 12:44 PM, KDsnyder said:

I was hoping to simply add the room number to the underside of the room label in a more specific way

You can use a Custom Schedule, ( Rename to Room number Schedule)  and the addition of a macro on the second line of the Room Label nowadays ...

in X15 anyway, I'm not sure if your Sig. is accurate ? (X14?) but I think this was available in X14 too.     

( you may need to open the Room's DBX and turn the Show Label On/off to refresh it , to get things to populate to the Schedule.)

image.thumb.png.19492fdeae922e67ba7abf5431e77655.png  image.thumb.png.1724e4d352b758600c661f9f4785f290.png

TEST FILE:    MHD_Room_Number_Schedule_Test.plan

Mick

• 9 months later...

This is annoying because I send my schedule to the layout separate from the plan views. This method the schedule has to be on the plan in order for the labels to show the room number. 

44 minutes ago, ZacUriah said:

This is annoying because I send my schedule to the layout separate from the plan views. This method the schedule has to be on the plan in order for the labels to show the room number. 

It can be within the plans cad details

On 7/9/2024 at 11:22 AM, ZacUriah said:

This is annoying because I send my schedule to the layout separate from the plan views

Put the Schedule in a new CAD Detail , it should work the same and allow separate sending and how I normally do it the example I provided above was just to show the concept and how it works.

M.