Problem with foundation wall of monolithic slab porch

GeneDavis

I had this OK before but not now.  See the pics.

The building has a slab foundation I have drawn with foundation wall footings to create the thickened edges.  As can be seen, one of the walls, specified just like the others, builds atop the slab and runs up to the roof.  How can I fix this?

The footing wall opposite it, where the post is bearing, has the same spec definition but is not rising up off the slab.  Both it and the front footing wall are behaving as I want.  All three bounding walls are room definition walls and they define the porch.  All three are under a roof.  There is no ceiling, as the roof soffit is the ceiling.

Screenshot 2023-09-02 214018.png

Screenshot 2023-09-02 214032.png

Screenshot 2023-09-02 214040.png

Screenshot 2023-09-02 214451.png

Screenshot 2023-09-02 215011.png

Screenshot 2023-09-02 215045.png

50 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

Link Working now..........

In this Plan I am seeing a Normal Exterior Wall buried in the offending Footing Wall going to the Roof.........

image.thumb.png.d530939d1d86e8fb79734e6b690ba5f2.png                     image.thumb.png.8eae94658f2f98208020bfe31baa63b0.png

I had an idea earlier and it worked :)  but admit I'm not 100% sure why...........  I set the Footing wall to an Attic Wall and it worked...

and deleted the Normal Siding wall which also removed the Attic wall above it.

image.thumb.png.3f683f43316a296f9ec47e4e9f799a5a.png

14 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

Guess I'll try that, Eric.  More than just a few clicks, though.

Screenshot 2023-09-03 154900.png

So the Attic Wall setting doesn't work for you?  I might need to open it and try again.......  

** Fix still seems to work for me, but Balloon it up on the Structure Tab.

image.thumb.png.210fe88048eb6ef2e8b3e73e4662ebe1.png

M.

1 minute ago, GeneDavis said:

The attic thing seems to take away the ballooning footing wall, but there's no footing under the right edge of the porch foundation slab.

Oh I didn't notice that, it seems it stops the wall coming onto the next level, as it there on level 0,  any reason not to use a Slab with Footing for the Porch Slab instead of Walls.

M.

OK, rebuilt the foundation and it fixed the ballooning stoop edge footing wall.  The foundation plan I can CAD edit to make it look right, and it has a couple problems in 3D when I look under it, but all is good now for the con docs.  

Look at the attic portion of the stoop roof support wall, how its end finish ain't there.  I had to fix the wall below using a room divider wall for the outboard end of the wall to butt to, so maybe this same hack will fix the attic part.  If not, a solid will patch it.

Screenshot 2023-09-03 162207.png

18 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

Look at the attic portion of the stoop roof support wall, how its end finish ain't there.

Did Balloon wall up not work eliminating the need for the Attic wall ?   just curious as I can't test this in the Plan you uploaded.

Mick.