Corner Trim Boards

JKEdmo

Go to solution Solved by ericepv,

My corner trim boards show a joint / gap at the floor plate, which I don't like:

image.thumb.png.6207da8aac7615ab01d8cf155f8175eb.png

image.thumb.png.52d4b2477fa98daef2cefc05e215119a.png

Is this to be expected?  Is there a setting or method to get the materials to merge?

Thanks once again,

Jim

Corner boards are pretty simple objects, they automatically detect their appropriate "top" and "bottom" heights, and they report in Absolute values, which is handy.

If all the corner boards are spanning both floors, what I would do is open one of them on floor 2 and check it's Top height, then use Marquee Select Similar to select all corner boards on Floor 2 and delete them.

Then, on Floor1, use Marquee Select Similar again and set all of their Top heights to whatever the Floor 2 ones were at.

The only downside is they'll only appear on Floor 1 floor plans - but I don't know that not seeing corner boards in a plan is the end of the world, I'd just hide that layer.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ericepv said:

You can render it in Standard style or if you want to use Vector, just delete the upper corner board then drag the lower one up.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, TeaTime said:

Corner boards are pretty simple objects, they automatically detect their appropriate "top" and "bottom" heights, and they report in Absolute values, which is handy.

If all the corner boards are spanning both floors, what I would do is open one of them on floor 2 and check it's Top height, then use Marquee Select Similar to select all corner boards on Floor 2 and delete them.

Then, on Floor1, use Marquee Select Similar again and set all of their Top heights to whatever the Floor 2 ones were at.

The only downside is they'll only appear on Floor 1 floor plans - but I don't know that not seeing corner boards in a plan is the end of the world, I'd just hide that layer.

Thank you also!

Jim