Referenced detail call out bug?

CARMELHILL

Go to solution Solved by robdyck,

Can somebody check this for me before I send in a bug report?

With the Layout Box Specification I just realized we can Link a construction detail to a callout within the plan. The callout can reference a detail either within the plan, layout, or a master detail file you've put together. OMG, I've been wanting this for years. I don't know when it arrived. But I think I found a bug relating to:

%referenced_view_callout_label%

The detail number does not show up in the callout on the layout sheet. See attached and let me know if your seeing it the same way.

Screen Shot 08-22-23 at 04.26 PM.JPG

• Solution

Hey Ed, I think you're using those callouts backwards. The plan view callout should have the link on the upper line. It will then automatically display whatever number you assign to the layout view callout label.

In your case, assign the #1 to the layout view callout label (the strap detail). 

This (%referenced_view_callout_label%) will go in any callout (in any view) that you want to link to that detail.

This also means that your strap detail should be a view that is sent to layout...not just a CAD block.

1 hour ago, robdyck said:

It works this way so that if you choose to re-organize the drawings on the layout page (which would then require re-numbering those views in layout) then all the callouts will auto-update and remain correct.

Correct, but there's currently no way to automate the Callout number on the Layout.  That has to be done manually in the Layout Box Label.

I've been asking for some NVPs so that my macro system can handle that automatically and coordinate with the Plan Callouts.

Hopefully CA will be able to understand what I want when I see them next week.  ^_^