Why does General Framing come in as Subfloor category?

GeneDavis

I had a roof frame all done with engineered trusses, then changed it per the client's preference to stickframe.  To maintain the same roof geometry and the room ceilings below that was all handled by the truss chords, I drew, platformed atop walls, ceiling joist arrangements, then rafters and a structural ridge.  I needed to build atop the ceiling joist "platforms" because of the particular roof geometry.  The other end of the building uses 16" i-joist rafters now, in lieu of the parallel chord trusses before.  The roof has a big thick look, with 16" rimboard used as subfascia.

I manually drew in the ceiling framing, then the rafters and ridge, and used General Framing to place the plate-ups and rafter jack walls I needed.  All those parts done with General Framing came into the plan as ID = Subfloor.  To make the Material List look right (this is a slab foundation job with no "subfloor") I wanted the framing to be all tallied under the two framing headings, Roof and Framing.

I edited the components, but why did I have to.  Why does General Framing placed manually come in as Subfloor?  Pic attached with a member selected that I had to edit.746075837_Screenshot2023-08-14085728.thumb.png.eeb39045e9a67e5a7e5c4881165e3173.png

6 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

I edited the components, but why did I have to.

Just a guess but I'm assuming it just doesn't know what else to do -- if you use General Framing in a Wall Detail, they come in as Studs / ID = Framing.

But when you just draw freely into a plan view it could be Floor, Ceiling, or Roof, so they just decided Floor makes the most sense, I guess. Ultimately it's on us to tell generic things what to be.

What's always bugged me though is that the layer and components don't change when a different Role is selected - it really feels like that should be tied together.