Schedule Numbering

Doug_N

I know this is probably a beginner question, but it has me really perplexed.  How can I force a schedule to keep the numbers and only add a new number if an item is added?  For example, when adding a window as a revision to an already issued set of drawings.  Sometimes the whole schedule will be renumbered with the newer window appearing somewhere in the middle of the schedule.

50 minutes ago, Doug_N said:

For example, when adding a window as a revision to an already issued set of drawings.  Sometimes the whole schedule will be renumbered with the newer window appearing somewhere in the middle of the schedule.

You can't avoid this. What you can do is repeat the ordering process manually and I can think of 2 simple ways to do this.

1. Before adding the new window(s), make a text copy of your schedule and place it on a reference layer with the drawing order behind your schedule with a bright, different text color. This will serve as a simple visual reference to drag the schedule back into the correct order. To do this, ctrl-c the schedule first, then convert to text, then ctrl-alt-v the schedule.
  2. Use a pdf or your previous plan as a visual cue to reorder the schedule manually.

You can also add a custom field to the OIP in which you add a comment about the date of addition or something to that effect. This will make it easy to at least get the added window to the bottom of the schedule.

Alternately, you could place the added window in a separate plan file and set it to use a custom schedule for revised / added windows. Then copy the window and the schedule into the correct plan file.

image.thumb.png.8679cbbd5e4589a6dce14370c8501c7a.png

image.thumb.png.a495c675ddc263d7be5b2585210818ea.png

59 minutes ago, Doug_N said:

I know this is probably a beginner question

Doug,

I'm more of a beginner, but first thought is you could add a suffix to a new door number such as "A" or ".1" to "sandwich" between existing scheduled door numbers.  For example 25A to add new door between existing doors 25 and 26.  Inelegant, but might be a quick workaround.

Jim