CAD Block Insert Point

robdyck

Go to solution Solved by TeaTime,

Can an insertion point be added to a cad block if the cad block is already in your library?

Or does one have to add the insertion point and then add this updated block to the library and delete the original?

• Solution
1 hour ago, robdyck said:

Can an insertion point be added to a cad block if the cad block is already in your library?

Sure can - right-click it in your User Library and choose Edit CAD block.

In the Detail page that opens, go to the CAD menu, CAD Blocks, Add Insertion Point.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The arrow backoff point looks like it is only used when you are using the cad block as an arrowhead.  It allows you to change where the line ends relative to the arrow insertion point.  It took me awhile to figure it out because apparently it also controls the orientation of the arrowhead.  While messing with it, I ended up with my arrow head pointing every which way.  Seems like you need to be careful when using it and it would be better if you could just set the angle.

In the picture below, the insertion point is at the tip of each arrow.  For the one on the right, the arrow backoff point is at the bottom.  It's probably not very useful if your arrowhead has a solid fill.

arrow backoff.jpg

• Upvote 1