Please help fix this roof!

CCServices2014

Hello! I recently started working for a construction company and in an effort to gain more experience and knowledge, I was offered to start working on designs for clients using Chief Architect. I have only been working in this program for about a week. 

The roof that I need help with, along with attaching the plan I will have attached pictures of what I am trying to get the roof to be.

I used the auto-roof feature and there are a lot of issues that I have been having with it. All of the wall measurements are accurate but I just cannot figure out how to get the roof to look normal. If I could get someone to give me some advice, it would be amazing. I have been trying to fix these roof panels for about a week now. 

20230628_140733.thumb.jpg.f98658e4e92e5308d396cd111333dcf8.jpg

20230628_135752.thumb.jpg.07508726b7a319836916ad4933604c85.jpgCCS_Dirk Wagner_Garage Addition_Existing Home.plan

a couple things to do:

1. Align all of your 1st storey walls to the wall below using the litlle icon with the down arrow (once the walls are close). use the reference display to check. repeat for second storey

2. Click on the walls, go to the structure tab and click default wall top height

this fixes up a lot.

I created a room on the second storey for the front entry with open to below and walls set to invisible with short room height

I have to go, but here is where it is at

image.thumb.png.a130e4335a391500222884044a84de9e.png

but i am on X15 and you are not, so I cannot post the file

17 minutes ago, SHCanada2 said:

Click on the walls, go to the structure tab and click default wall top height

under the Edit menu is a "reset to defaults" tool where you can force all walls on all floors to revert to their Default Wall Top.

Try not to adjust wall heights in 3D views, not only should it not be necessary but it's also a common cause of headache.

30 minutes ago, SHCanada2 said:

I created a room on the second storey for the front entry with open to below and walls set to invisible with short room height

Why not just delete the slab on Floor 1 and define a porch room with room dividers? Makes no sense making a room on Floor 2 when its really a floor 1 room space.

There's also a long Gable Line on floor 2 that needs to go. And an unnecessary Ceiling Plane in the garage...

2 hours ago, TeaTime said:

Why not just delete the slab on Floor 1 and define a porch room with room dividers? Makes no sense making a room on Floor 2 when its really a floor 1 room space.

I just left the slab thinking he had it there for a reason. 

2 hours ago, TeaTime said:

Makes no sense making a room on Floor 2 when its really a floor 1 room space

I did that because he has a window above the door which made me think it was two storeys on the inside, although when I look a  little closer, it is probably part of the door. anyway if it is a window and if it was to be placed on the second floor, I wanted him to avoid this possible problem in the future:

but his eaves are at the main floor level, so yes, 1 storey room is the solution