Vaulted Stone Surround for Windows

Doug_N

I have created a moulded polyline to make a stone surround for windows and doors in a project that looks pretty good.  The stone surround is converted to a symbol that has the properties of a passthrough window.  So first I place the window assembly, then put the stone surround over the same center.  The passthrough creates a void in the wall cutting the masonry to show the stone moulding.  The problem is that the project requires some windows and doors to have an arched or vaulted stone surround over a rectangular window or door.  If I make a vaulted stone surround symbol it cuts the wall at the height of the arch.  That leaves a rectangular opening in the wall.  Tearing my hair out with this one.

image.thumb.png.63f192a866f63300bbe2db1ff7237618.png

This is view with just a polyline with the stone surround for the right window.  

image.thumb.png.6e1553a9ad56b1099dba384e80a80dc0.png

This view is the same polyline moulding converted to a window symbol.

Any ideas???

18 minutes ago, Doug_N said:

How can I find that tool?

Sorry I forgot it was so quirky.   It actually can not be a window symbol.  Exterior Furniture seems to work and possibly a few others.

Set if to "Inserts into Wall" and set the wall  "Depth"  Then it should allow you to use the tool from the Active Tool Bar when selected.

image.thumb.png.7f66e41a71eee2166551c26bbf74cc40.png