How to get thumbnails to show up in library browser filter results?

ElkRivers

On the toolbar at the bottom of the Library Browser, click on 'Tile Mode' (3rd button from the left), that will give you thumbnails. Also, Rene Rabbit has a YouTube tutorial on the new library browser:

Thanks for the feedback.  The video was very informative!  But I still can't get thumbnails to show up, whether I have tile mode or list mode chosen.  Anybody else dealing with this?  I can't see the image until I click on the individual blue square.  Very frustrating!

image.thumb.png.7edd5386500b97f7926c6f294b2e5048.png

Hi Karen, 

We've seen an instance of this where a 3rd party piece of software called "Nahimic" interfered with the Library thumbnails. 

Nahimic is an audio driver that is often bundled with software that many computer brands preinstall. However, it has a reputation of interfering with other software packages and it has indeed been the cause of a few different issues that have come in to Technical Support. 

We've added some information on it to our Known Incompatibilities page here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/products/known-incompatibilities.html#nahimic

You might check to see if you can find "nahimic" listed in your computer's services and disable it, then restart Chief Architect to see if your thumbnails come back. If you do not see Nahimic, or if disabling it does not resolve the issue you are seeing, it might be best to get in contact with our Technical Support Team so we can investigate further. 

In case you need them. Here are some steps to disable the Nahimic service:

1. Press Windows + R to open Run dialog, type “services.msc” and press Enter.
  2. Look for “Nahimic service” or anything related to “Nahimic“. 
  3. Right-click it and select Properties.
  4. In the Nahimic Service Properties window, select Disabled in Startup type.