If It ain't broke lets break it

raltd9245

On 6/23/2023 at 9:19 AM, DeLayDesign said:

specifically regarding my subfolders and them not showing up appropriately.

I guess I don't understand/share the preference though I certainly don't need to, its your preference, no argument there, I know its frustrating when things change. My own perspective, clicking the down carrot instead of the folder is faster than clicking a folder and looking through previews of images that represent folders and in most cases make no sense(the picture of a dog for imported items for instance). In the old method you are clicking a folder in your folder tree and then browsing folder images and double clicking from there? So the difference is clicking the down carrot and browsing from 1 single window until you find the correct sub folder for your item. I'm writing that out so that maybe we find a suggestion that makes sense. If you simply want subfolders to show in the filtered results then I would say just make the suggestion.
Clicking the down carrot shows all of your subfolders for that particular folder in a folder tree. 
I wouldnt be opposed to a kan ban option but would request that we could select our own preview images.

@Renerabbitt

Perhaps I'm a bit OCD, but I prefer my items to be cataloged in a specific way.  I don't want to see EVERYTHING in my imported folder as I click through it.  That being said, yes I do prefer to click on the previews instead of the drop down carrot.  I suppose we work differently because I disagree that the drop down is faster.  I'm a visual person and would prefer to look at an item and click it instead of having to read through a list of folder to find the right one, then read through another list of folders and eventually a list of items.

Over the 14 years of using chief I've always done it one way - through the preview and I would appreciate it greatly if I could continue to work this way.  It's how I design 5-8 models a day.

17 hours ago, DeLayDesign said:

Over the 14 years of using chief I've always done it one way - through the preview and I would appreciate it greatly if I could continue to work this way.  It's how I design 5-8 models a day.

I would say make the suggestion, its a good one, you can't be the only one that prefers it this way.

Then an aside note for anyone reading this, I would highly encourage anyone here to implement search attributes and tags as they do stack. I've got 1000's of items in my library, its very easy to click a tag 'range' and type '30' as a search attribute, or click 3 tags, sofa/bright/large and get to exactly what I need the same as tables/dining room/dark. A system like that can work across many different types of library items 

This is definitely where “AI” can come into effect and be useful. “VAS” Voice Activated Search. Talk to the program and let it automatically find the library part for you. The only problem with that, is that it will also pick up any cursing on the part of the frustrated user. The good side is that “AI” will also help us to keep our tongues in check lol. :D