How can I decorate a gable boxed soffit return end

GeneDavis

I extended a roof edge down over an entry, and did the boxed eave option plus default to overhang and input enough so it reaches back to the house wall, giving me the low-over-entry Frank Lloyd Wright thing I wanted, and now I want to do the eave end differently from what Chief does.  Any suggestions?

See the pic.  I want a 1x8 fascia under the 5-pitch roof running from upper fascia to that at the canopy edge, a 1x4 piece of base running horizontally from the low eave back to the house face, and in the triangle, lapped siding to match the wall at house.

What Chief gives is one big 1x thickness pork chop soffit box end, and it stops at the upper roof edge.

Screenshot 2023-06-14 172853.png

A  few things come to mind...

A - I think the trough needs to run through even though it is not horizontal through that section it looks like it will still drip and the profile of the trough will help it connect.

B - The flat section needs definition (yellow) as a vertical wall with siding to match the house or a sloped roof section with shingles on it that would tuck back in with a soffit above, or some combination of the two but preferably one or the other so it has definition but does not appear too busy.

Thanks, Joey.  I had that one checked, which gave me the big box underneath.  The monster pork-chop return.

Your post got me looking at it again, and I tried a different option.  See the pic.  That one gives me the raked fascia I want, and now I can do solids to do the under-roof and the sided and trimmed end.  I might be able to frame it with Chief in 3D, but if not, can do CAD details to finish the work for this part of the project.

Screenshot 2023-06-15 201247.png