Applying the same note labels to multiple elevations

Norm4Man

Please can anyone help describe an easy way to apply a note label on a different elevation than the one it was made on, and have it remain linked to the original note Schedule?

PS I am now using X15 and need to update my profile

11 minutes ago, Norm4Man said:

Please can anyone help describe an easy way to apply a note label on a different elevation than the one it was made on, and have it remain linked to the original note Schedule?

Norman,

I just copy and paste the note label from one elevation view to the other.

Jim

Thanks I have worked out a solution although slow, I place a new note and copy description of required note from schedule into box and that numbers it as required on any of the elevations

9 hours ago, JKEdmo said:

Norman,

I just copy and paste the note label from one elevation view to the other.

Jim

8 hours ago, Norm4Man said:

Thanks, are you suggesting this is best done in the layout and not the plan views?

No he is simply saying open the elevation you have the note or whatever plan view you have the note and use ctrl+C or Cmd+C for mac and go to the new view and use ctrl+V or Cmd+V to paste the note into the new view.  Unlimited amount of copies of the note that will all report the same number.

29 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Unlimited amount of copies of the note that will all report the same number

This is exactly what I do..  I have all  four elevation views open, for example, and copy and paste from each one to the other (if applicable).  Not worrying about order.  Once complete, I rearrange the order on the schedule.

I love this availability to be honest, makes for a nice clean drawing.  And if you need to modify the text, you do it in the schedule.  Rids the possibility of missing an old fashion text somewhere.