X15 slow to update model.. help!

dskogg

Hi everyone, I for some time have had issues with chief taking a long time to rebuild 3D model.

I have been working with support to no avail.

It generally happens when I have a 3D view open.

it was so bad at times that it would take 3-4 mins if blue circle to rebuild model.

now it seems it takes a few seconds every time I do anything, doesn’t seem like much but it used to be instant.

I have reinstalled chief, did a clean install of nvidia driver, I don’t save anything to cloud.

my user library is large.

it seemed to start around beta 2 release, could have been a windows update then too.

I am very frustrated and don’t know what to do.

This could either be a system problem or a plan problem.  

Do all of your plans have this problem or just this one in particular?  If it is just this plan, then it is probably something in the plan that is slowing it down.  You can start deleting things and doing a "save as" to see if it all of a sudden speeds up which might tell you where the problem is.  Common problems are things like too many symbols, auto rebuild framing is turned on, patterns that are drawing millions of lines, etc.

You could also post the plan to see if other people are seeing the same problems.  Maybe someone might find what is causing the problems.

There is also a tech article about slow plans that might help:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00521/troubleshooting-slowness-in-chief-architect-plans.html