floating railing

K-Lynn

Is there a setting to adjust the height of a floating railing? I have tried dragging the stair side railing across and then breaking it, but the minute I break it the section shown floats. I've also tried drawing it from the column to the stairs and it still floats. I am not seeing a way in the elevation to select and lower. 

floating railing.pdf

My guess is that it has something to do with floor heights.  Railings usually are relative the room floor height so if it is somehow floating in the air than it must be finding the wrong height to use.  

If you want a better guess, you need to post the plan.

Just a wild guess without a plan.

And it doesn't really look like this should help, but give it a go.

Railing Specification dbx>Rail Style panel>Build From>Generate on Low Platform.

However, there is an underlying problem that you need to find and fix.

The vertical grain on the beams above the posts is more disturbing to me.

The floating railing is fine.

But seriously, you can just drag the well behaved railings over and they will correct the problem... most probably.

I've had this happen to me as well but only in X15, even though there is only 1 porch room defined, I'll have the railing on the right side floating and the one the left it will sit on the porch.

Also, just take a screenshot and copy paste it into your comment from now on.  That's the quick and dirty method we prefer here.  Don't make me work at looking at your pdf, if it's just an image.