Making roofs on different plates the same height or coplanar

KnotSquare

A search did not find an answer, so hopefully someone can tell me how I might get these two roofs to plane out, specifically the higher roof lowering to the roof in the left foreground.

The walls are not aligned and if I needed separate plate heights due to this, is it possible if the eventual ridge in the foreground never met the ridge in the background?

A search for "coplanar" in support only returns one result that I did not find helpful. Same height roofs, etc., no results.

Seems I saw a video once about this.

image.thumb.png.b968d5d9003c607da8887747ead804eb.png

Not sure exactly what you're trying to accomplish, but if the walls aren't in line, one of two things would have to happen. Either the background plane would have to have a lower fascia top height with the same overhang, or it has to have a smaller soffit. Either way, I would probably delete the higher plane and manually edit the lower roof plane to accomplish either option. Then the rear plane can be edited to meet with one ridge.

On the CA website there is a video titled, "Sloping Roof Plane Baselines". It is quite clear how this affects rafters, changing the angle of the top plate, but this is somewhat unrelated to what I was trying to figure out for this roof issue. In a rafter situation, the BASELINE is on the inside edge of the framing since many rafters have a bird's mouth cut, though not always all the way across the entire plate. When it comes to trusses, does anyone know if CA treats the BASELINE at the outside of the framing (bearing) wall? Most trusses rotate at this location and setting the baseline height would mean something different in this case. The roofs I am attempting to join will be from the Master and the Garage with the first using parallel cord trusses and the latter, standard trusses.

Also, I found a video from Eric that helps with coplanar issues on roofs with common plate heights:

akabuilder roof 2 - Chief Architect

Timeline:

0:00 In the 1st 3 minutes, shows how to locate where the wall is to move to and how to drag a wall to repair a roof.

4:35 2nd method to accomplish the same (Auto Rebuild Roofs).

4:49 Move to be coplanar with another roof plane.

5:00 1 key programmed to Intersect/Join Two Lines.

5:45 Boolean union two roof planes.

6:00 Use 1 key programmed to Intersect/Join Two Lines to get rid of an extra line segment that is in line.

6:13 Use 1 key programmed to Intersect/Join Two Lines to straighten out a roof segment.

6:30 Use Orthographic Full Overview to join two roof planes.

6:53 Still need to drag the wall over as was done in the first method of this video to repair wall.

7:03 Then use Auto Rebuild Roofs to fix the roof planes as done manually earlier.

If you have different plate heights, just drag the roof plane you like across and make it fit. If you are trying to match the fascia lines but the walls don't align, then pick your poison.

In addition to posting a plan file, attaching a sketch of what you want to achieve is like the Easy Button to getting help. Your sketch does not have to be pretty. We all know there are only 6 people left on the planet that can still sketch by hand.