Bain Ultra Freestanding Tub

RobUSMC

I think other than the core library which isn't much, the only other library with freestanding tubs is Kohler and I struck out there.  Looked on 3D WH and zero Bain Ultra results. The Bain Ultra site has every tech and spec sheet you would want and 2D dwg files but no designer files with a 3D symbol.  Does anyone has a freestanding tub like this one or at least close?  The client also is debating on the tub deck drop in version of this same tub.  Thank you so much

Bain Ultra ESTHESIA 6436   FS.png

Rob,

Are you on Instagram?  I posted on Bain Ultra's Instagram page requesting a catalog for Chief and I'd be happy to help you add your voice to the conversation.  I would also love to see a Bain Ultra catalog in Chief!

Thanks,

Susan 

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 8.23.52 AM.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RobUSMC said:

I'm not on IG.  But thank you. Yes, we spec out and use a lot of Bain

Even sending a short request through Bain Ultra's contact form on their website is helpful.  I'm just one voice and the companies definitely listen if they have multiple requests!  

Thanks!  

• Like 1

On Bain site click professionals tab, technical tools, go to BIMobject Cloud.

will take you here

Create a free account.

For that tub they have rfa (Revit) symbol. Download that then the options are:

Install trial version of Revit light, or rent Revit light by the month. Last I knew you can rent by the month, then stop and re-activate later. It's been a while since I did that so check. 

Once you have the RFA file open you can export it, more info and a link to supported file types

• Upvote 1

Good information @MarkMc. If Bain Ultra offers 3D files for other software, it should be pretty easy for us to work with them to get files that can be used in Chief. We'll reach out and ask. 

Thanks @SusanC and @RobUSMCfor advocating for a partnership. The more these brands hear from the people who specify their products, the more value they see in making digital catalogs available!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RobUSMC said:

I just looked and they have several formats but all seem only to be 2D dwg, dxf.  One for the front, Left, Right and top

https://www.bimobject.com/en-us/search?fullText=bainultra 

Hi Rob,

I believe Mark was suggesting you download a trial version of Revit then go to the BIM object link for Bain Ultra and download their Revit file into the trial version of Revit.  From there you can open the file and export it into a file type that Chief will accept.  

Btw, after I posted on Bain Ultra's Instagram page last Friday, I received a message back from them with the contact info for a person at the company who is in charge of 3d formats.  I've emailed them and requested a catalog for Chief and connected them with Chief.  

Susan

19 hours ago, SusanC said:

Hi Rob,

I believe Mark was suggesting you download a trial version of Revit then go to the BIM object link for Bain Ultra and download their Revit file into the trial version of Revit.  From there you can open the file and export it into a file type that Chief will accept.  

Btw, after I posted on Bain Ultra's Instagram page last Friday, I received a message back from them with the contact info for a person at the company who is in charge of 3d formats.  I've emailed them and requested a catalog for Chief and connected them with Chief.  

Susan

Great thanks.   Do use many Blanco sinks?  We use tons of them

48 minutes ago, RobUSMC said:

Great thanks.   Do use many Blanco sinks?  We use tons of them

We use several different brands and Blanco is one of them.  Do you want to see if we can get them to put a catalog in Chief?  

Susan