Shed Roof Help

JKEdmo

Go to solution Solved by SNestor,

Good morning,

I've been struggling the last hour in getting a vaulted shed roof to plug back into a gable roof.

The shed roof portion is a later master bedroom addition built onto a mid-century house.  This addition roof drains back to the gable roof of the main house.  (It's the short addition below at the top right of plan).

Any help would be appreciated.  I'm guessing the roofs could be auto-generated, but I'm not understanding the correct settings.  I've attached a zipped plan.

Thanks again!

Jim

AS-BUILTS.zipimage.thumb.png.daf6ab6f7d36b6286f8a452c51845226.png

image.thumb.png.651d01bd975f8c5e86521024d7a0dbf9.png

image.thumb.png.618f379d2a31e8ba0bbcff989f871698.png

like this? I manually altered the right gable to go around the wall, and removed the small hip that was there.

I tried automagically at first, by breaking the front wall, and changing the roof settings, but that did not work

Tried adding a gable line, also did not work

image.thumb.png.36e88a8eb1eb33a546a295b8b9f30375.png

Thank you both Steve and Jason.  I appreciate your quick responses.  I guess the trick is just to do manual roofs right away.  I'll give it a try.

Curious, as "Chief whizzes", do you tend to rely on automatic roofs or do you just do manual roofs?

Jim

i wouldn't consider myself a wiz, but I will do automatic roofs, and then finish the walls locations, and then alter the roofs manually.

of course the problem is, as soon as the customer wants an  a little bigger/wider, etc, then you have to adjust the manual roof again.

I find it very time consuming for plans which get lots of changes, especially additions that have gables & crickets