Walls Insist on 24 on-center...

Matt-LaForge

Look at your wall definition framing layer.  One can choose 16 or 24.  If you drew a wall with its framing done with a 24 center, that is what you will get.

But why not 24?  Most of the time in my area with a 15 degree F winter design temp, I cannot make my ResChecks unless I go to 24.

And edit your signature in your profile to show that version of Chief Premier X or whatever you are using, plus what you run it on.  It helps us all better sort out your problems.

17 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

Look at your wall definition framing layer.  One can choose 16 or 24.  If you drew a wall with its framing done with a 24 center, that is what you will get.

But why not 24?  Most of the time in my area with a 15 degree F winter design temp, I cannot make my ResChecks unless I go to 24.

And edit your signature in your profile to show that version of Chief Premier X or whatever you are using, plus what you run it on.  It helps us all better sort out your problems.

Thanks.  It is all set at 16 but wasn't originally.  Looks like I need to be rebuild all my exterior walls, huh?  I just rebuilt one as a test and it still came up at 24" OC.  I chose 16 OC as I want my wall framing to match my rafters.  I'm in zone 5 and need R49 in my cathedral ceiling, driving me to 16 OC.  Thanks for your input.

17 hours ago, DBCooper said:

Great article.  Thanks.  I did those before I saw the article (I looked for it, I swear) and I still can't get it to work, even on a newly built wall.  Looks like I can't modify once the wall is built, but why I can't get new walls to follow 16 OC like my roof is odd.  Thanks, again.