Multi Monitors on macOS

basilbabaa

I'm tired of having to drag camera views over to another monitor with my mouse.

Is there a way to set Chief so that all Camera views open on a different monitor or in a different window?

Or is there a way to use a keyboard shortcut to pop-out a camera view tab into a different window?

This way I would be able to use my keyboard shortcuts to bump that window to full screen on another monitor all without having to use touch my mouse?

1 hour ago, basilbabaa said:

I'm tired of having to drag camera views over to another monitor with my mouse.

You mean, you aren’t having any issues with, Chief-auto-toolbar-scrambling?

and you’re concerned with a feature that would place camera views on other monitors?

I want to live in your world. 

I hope I didn’t jinx you now, and that you never experience the toolbar demons. 

Anyway, if there is a way to have camera views appear automatically on a given monitor, I’m pretty sure it would have something to do with MacOS and not Chief.  Maybe there’s a script out there, if you’re brave enough?

Happy Chiefing. 

• Upvote 1

What is being sought after is not available. not yet anyway. 

The only thing which the program may 'remember' where it was last opened is the library.

After it is "undocked" there will be recollection of where it was last positioned.  

5 hours ago, Michael_Gia said:

You mean, you aren’t having any issues with, Chief-auto-toolbar-scrambling?

and you’re concerned with a feature that would place camera views on other monitors?

I want to live in your world. 

I hope I didn’t jinx you now, and that you never experience the toolbar demons. 

Anyway, if there is a way to have camera views appear automatically on a given monitor, I’m pretty sure it would have something to do with MacOS and not Chief.  Maybe there’s a script out there, if you’re brave enough?

Happy Chiefing. 

No, I experience toolbar demons as well, multiple times a day when working.  We live in the same world.  LOL.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, VHampton said:

The only thing which may 'remember' where it was last opened is the library.

The Project Browser, ALDO and dbx's can remember their monitor and location.

Preferences>General>Save Dialog Size and Position.

• Upvote 1