Duplicating Trim Door Style Or Other Details

RobUSMC

I know there is a way but for the life of me cant remember. Maybe the eyedropper???    I applied a three step crown to a tall panty and want to apply it to all the other tall and wall cabinets.   Also if I change a cabinet door style how to change all the cabinets at the same time.  I thought it used to be you could only edit walls, talls and bases separately. Only the subject of doors I have found several door style like shakers that the "glass door" button is greyed out. why is that?  We use a lot of simple shaker doors with no mullions with glass front but instead of checking the glass door box I have to change the center door panel material from wood to glass.  Thanks

Screenshot 2023-01-13 142040.png

to apply that molding to other cabinets, that must be done in plan view. Select the correct cabinet, and then select the match properties tool from the bottom. In search, type in moldings and check boxes that you'd like to transfer. Then use the apply properties tool and click on wall and upper cabinet to apply those same moldings.

To change all door styles at once - 3 suggestions:

Set up a Style Pallet

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/247/using-style-palettes.html

or

Group select all of the base cabinets and make your change so they all change at once.  Then group select all of the wall cabinets, make your change, etc.

or

Select a door out of the library and apply it to each cabinet by clicking on the cabinet door.

-------------------------

The "glass door" option in the cabinet dbx is only available for the 2 doors in the drop down menu = framed door or slab door.  Those 2 doors are built differently than the library doors.  Parametric vs. 3d objects.

Check out this recent thread on how doors work in Chief.  This is how I learned about the different types of doors in Chief's dialog boxes and how they work.  

Good luck!

Susan

Here are some more things that might help:

If you marquee select in base cabinet mode, you will only select base cabinets.

If you marquee select in wall cabinet mode, you will only select wall cabinets.

If you marquee select in full height cabinet mode, you will select all of the full height, base, and wall cabinets.  You can change the main door and drawer style for all of them at the same time. If you have already applied a custom door style to an individual face item, then these will not update.

If I want to select all of the wall and full height cabinets to change the crown molding, I will marquee select the wall cabinets first and then add in the full height ones by shift clicking on them (because usually I don't have very many).

When painting a door style from the library, you can also use the scoping tools to apply that same door style to just a single face item (component), the whole cabinet (object), all of the cabinets in the same room, all of the cabinets on the same floor, or all of the cabinets in the plan.  It will only change the doors that match the original one that you clicked on though.  You can also use these scoping tools when paining hardware from the library.