Weird lines in "plot line" views

eubankz

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

Is there a way to remove these lines in a live plot line view? Or stop them from generating? I know I can simply CAD to detail and delete the lines manually, but this would not be good when I make future changes to the drawing. The "line view" live drawing somewhat solves the problem, but the lines get pixelated when you zoom in and it's not as clean. Thank you for your help!

plot line views.PNG

• Solution

I use the Edit Layout Lines tool for those lines.  Activate the tool and then just delete them.  They may come back if you ever update view again, so you may need to repeat the process, but this way your views aren't static CAD Details. 

You can also mask them with another thicker but invisible line or with a filled polyline using the invisible line style but then you have to make sure those things don't obscure something important if you make any changes to the model. 

I use both methods depending on where the lines are and on how likely it is that the lines or fills will ever be a problem.

• Like 1

Some times you can make changes to the model to remove the stray lines.  For example, if you have stray lines on something like a counter top, you can often get rid of them by using a custom counter top instead.  Some of these lines can be caused by bad wall connections.

• Upvote 1