Ray Trace Assistant missing

BlackDiamond

I'm not sure when this happened because it used to work..... but, when I launch my ray trace assistant, the dialog box doesn't come up. I use dual monitors and have closed all other programs to make sure it's not hiding anywhere. I can tab and return enough to finally get my curser back but can't access the assistant itself.

Any ideas?

Thanks....

I am not even sure if a toolbar reset would fix that but you could try if there is nothing to loose, but first I would maybe change your "Save Dialog Size and Position" to "Never" and do a restart to see if that works.

Is there any chance you last used that with a different display configuration ? 

Thanks DB  "I would bet that "reset dialog sizes" brings it back."   Not sure why I missed that.....  See Below

Edited by Chopsaw

22 hours ago, BlackDiamond said:

I'm not sure when this happened because it used to work..... but, when I launch my ray trace assistant, the dialog box doesn't come up. I use dual monitors and have closed all other programs to make sure it's not hiding anywhere. I can tab and return enough to finally get my curser back but can't access the assistant itself.

Any ideas?

Thanks....

If you're on a Windows 10 machine, you can either:

-Right click down on the taskbar and select either Cascade Windows or Show Windows Stacked to access off-screen windows.

-Hold down the Windows key and use the arrow keys to reposition and dock the window to any given edge of your screen.

15 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

I am not even sure if a toolbar reset would fix that but you could try if there is nothing to loose, but first I would maybe change your "Save Dialog Size and Position" to "Never" and do a restart to see if that works.

Is there any chance you last used that with a different display configuration ? 

Thanks DB  "I would bet that "reset dialog sizes" brings it back."   Not sure why I missed that.....  See Below

I use a laptop and a larger monitor. Your reference to display configuration helped. I had my larger monitor set up as the main display which may have caused the problem. I just now reset my laptop to be the main display and the dialog box now appears. 

I'm not sure how you "reset dialog sizes". Would that allow me to keep my larger monitor as the main one?

2 hours ago, BlackDiamond said:

I'm not sure how you "reset dialog sizes". Would that allow me to keep my larger monitor as the main one?

Yes that would most likely work.  Just be aware that it resets position and size so you may have some tinkering to do to get things back the way you like them depending on how many adjustments you have made from the default setup.

Preferences > Reset Options > Reset Dialog Sizes.