Text height for Joist Direction Line type.

DougDM

2 hours ago, DougDM said:

Version X14... I know there is a way just can't recall.  How to adjust text height?

Thanks

text height 2022-12-28_9-32-39.png

I'm constantly having that same problem of recall.  I think our brains are just full.

But this is a great plug for the SSA membership I pay for every year.  I will make at least 4 calls each week to CA support to help me remember what I've forgotten.

Makes it well worth the price as it keeps me from wasting an hour or more of my time trying to find the answer.

1 hour ago, jtcapa1 said:

this is a great plug for the SSA membership I pay for every year.  I will make at least 4 calls each week to CA support to help me remember what I've forgotten.

Makes it well worth the price as it keeps me from wasting an hour or more of my time trying to find the answer.

Smile of the day right there  :)

Oh and On Topic , I believe Michael is right , check your layer text settings....

M.

22 hours ago, jtcapa1 said:

I'm constantly having that same problem of recall.  I think our brains are just full.

But this is a great plug for the SSA membership I pay for every year.  I will make at least 4 calls each week to CA support to help me remember what I've forgotten.

I hear you about the brain being full, How true that is. For me I think it's because I use so many different CAD programs for different disciplines, It take and while to realize I'm not using XYZ.  Funny you say you call CA, (SSA) regarding general questions. Since I've been using CA, since Ver 9, I think I've called less than a dozen times. A couple regarding bugs, but to ask a general questions on how to do something, I've been told several times it's not what SSA is for. After 2023, It may be my last time renewing. Don't like the direction these companies are going. I've been checking out Bricsys lately.   https://www.bricsys.com/en-us/bricscad-ultimate  As great as CA is, I can most certainly get by without upgrading just to make pretty pictures/renderings and just 2D for residential. Any who, tanks for the input. Have a Happy and safe New Year

On 12/28/2022 at 10:27 AM, MPDesign said:

It is driven by the layer text style.

Thanks Michael, yes the layer is, I thought there was away to control this and labels via a dialog box. I guess I'll make it manually.

Yes he is sort of, sure the text style assigned to the layer, what ever is on it will use that text style. I could make a separate style just for joist direction call outs but I thought there was a way to change it on the fly. A one time thing just for fit purposes.  I could be thinking of one of my other many cad programs I use. Thanks

4 hours ago, DougDM said:

I could make a separate style just for joist direction call outs but I thought there was a way to change it on the fly. A one time thing just for fit purposes.

This would be the best solution - I would duplicate it in my Template so it always there  ie a 2nd Framing,Bearing lines Layer with a dedicated Text Style, done once and just switch when needed for individual Lines, I do the same For Room Labels for example ie Closet labels need to be smaller. 

M.