CORNER CABINET ON A PROWEL WALL

JRANGUETTE

I am trying to create kitchen corner cabinets for a wall that is on a prowel. One straight wall & one angled wall.

the straight wall will automatically add fillers but the angled wall will not. I would prefer to use angled front corner cabinets.

i can get the base cabinet to look right by adding countertop. but the upper cabinet doesn't auto fill on one side or extend out the back leaving a empty triangle behind cabinet.

any thoughts, is it possible

corner1.jpg

If I had to do this I would only bother to figure out what is the best fit across the faces. Set that then increase depth. I would never bother to try to fit the back into the corner because it's wasted space that can't be reached, unlikely that the corner is perfect, a waste of extra $$.

Which leaves how to find the fit.

Per attached image- if full overly will need to at least have "zero fillers" on each side, if not available then need to work out filler width so doors work.

Else do what Eric suggests if you feel you must.

Finding the fit.jpg

• Upvote 3

100% what Mark said.

It is very curious though that the Auto fillers aren't working there though - they're supposed to fill any time two cabinet faces are within a 3" intersection to one another, and those in that picture definitely are. Even if you're doing something more artsy or, whatever the reason and that corner cabinet needs to be at a somewhat weird angle, they should "just work". I'd probably send that in to Chief to have them look at it.

• Upvote 1

Thank you so much for the input. I like both ideas & will play around w/both & see what I can do & what the customer would prefer. I was wondering if I was missing something to as why it wasn't auto filling, I tried a million (felt like) different times & still no luck on that right side. (will contact chief about that)

I like the idea of filling the whole space because clients have fancy bowls ect.. they place on top of cabinets for display & don't want to risk the gap in back being a problem. or having to add an extra piece up top to cover it.

Thank you again for the prompt response & sorry for my delay, multi tasking

I have found that when cabinets are joined front corner to front corner that they work best when you make sure the corners are lined up perfectly.  The program seems to allow them to join even when you are sloppy though (like t-time said, any time they are within 3" or so).  Reasons why they might not join would be things like they are not the same type of cabinet, using architectural blocks, not oriented the same way, and who knows how many other things might cause this.  You can also turn off the ability to corner join in the general cabinet defaults but since they are joined on one side but not the other, this doesn't seem like the case.

You should either post the plan or send it to Chief if you want a better answer.

BTW, even if you get the cabinets to join at the corners, there will still be holes in the tops and bottoms that might show up in camera views.  For some reason, the program does not fill these spaces even though it looks like it should from a plan view.  If you need to show a solid top, you might have to go ahead and use a poly-solid to cover these holes.

corner join.png

14 hours ago, DBCooper said:

like t-time said

Please, it's Tea the drink. I'm not much of a golfer. 

14 hours ago, DBCooper said:

you might have to go ahead and use a poly-solid to cover these holes.

I mean at that point just turn off the auto fillers completely! Which I do anyway since I hate those holes. It would be nice if they have us auto filler settings. 

13 hours ago, solver said:

Well son of a gun I never looked at the BACK edges. Good catch. 

Please, it's Tea the drink. I'm not much of a golfer.

Ok, TT.  I imagine it's really hard to find clubs short enough for those little green arms of yours.  :)

It would be nice if they have (gave?) us auto filler settings. 

You can turn off normal auto fillers and/or the corner join fillers.  Not sure what else you want but sounds like you might want to make a feature suggestion.

And while we are speaking of feature requests, I think what would be really useful for cases like this is if we could just go ahead and edit the shape of a cabinet just like a polyline.