Old CA v10.08

Chiefsandman

I have a 5 license pack of CA v10.08 and I have only loaded 3 copies. I tried the other day to install on an old XP machine which it installed fine but when it tried to activate it I get a message "unable to obtain password from the internet" customer support said they no longer support v10.08 which I understand but I paid a lot of money in good faith for the 5 pack. They said their authentication servers are not online for that version any longer. Anyone have any suggestion? I think its very unfair that they can do that. If I still have old hardware and OS that supports v10.08 I should be able to use it.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

I suggest you ask to speak with a senior person there about fair exchange and responsibility, like Scott Harris VP or similar to see if something more friendly to you can be done. I have version Seven on my PC running in Windows XP and I, years ago asked them to convert that license from a dongle to a password set up and they, at that time did so because I asked them to. So I have only one license but that allows me to have Versions 7 through 24 on my computer to serve those who still use older versions or for whatever reason did not feel compelled to upgrade. If you do not ask you are done.

DJP

They just announced beta testing for X15 (version 25).  That means that Version 10 is now 15 versions old.  I still have a Version 10 box and it looks like it came out in 2005.  By software standards, we are talking ancient history.  I don't think I have anything that is computer related that is over 17 years old that still works.

You might consider upgrading just one of your licenses (at least then you would be able to get tech support) or maybe even doing the rental program.  It will probably be like using a brand new program but I think it will still be able to open your old plans as long as you saved them in Version 10.

I also agree with David, you should see if you can talk to someone higher up the food chain to see if there is anything at all they can do.