As-Built

MMIbuilders

Go to solution Solved by Renerabbitt,

5 hours ago, solver said:

As I suggested, since this isn't a question about using Chief, but a question about capturing as-built information, best place is Chatroom.

Everyone here appreciates it when new members complete their signature with some basic info including their version of Chief. Makes it easy for others to locate, and results in you getting the best answers.

You can add that info, Windows or Mac computer etc to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Thanks

Sorry Eric I tend to disagree here.  

Yes it’s great to have his signature filled out and I agree on that point 100%…. However as to where this should be I do disagree with you.  The OP is asking specifically for ones that import into Chief not just services who offer as built dimensions/scans.  

6 hours ago, MMIbuilders said:

looking for the best way to do as-built drawings / measurements that can be imported into chief x 14.

14 minutes ago, solver said:

The question is not about Chief, it's about services.

Nope sorry you are wrong.  This is the proper place for this question.  

Sorry @solver, it is directly regarding a best practices question with chief architect.  Not asking about what the best service for getting proper as builts but what services can be used and “imported” into Chief specifically.

• Solution
22 hours ago, MMIbuilders said:

Well, I hope I got this in the right place.  looking for the best way to do as-built drawings / measurements that can be imported into chief x 14.

You can either use Lidar services like Canvas or photogrammetry services like matterport(or photogrammetry + Lidar)where you submit a scan from your device.
Or simply draft it in the field.
You can also hire a service to produce a dwg file that you trace.
Any other specific info you'd like to know? I personally like just drafting it in the field and backing it up with a lidar scan

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Have you watched the video of the Chiefer, a professional that only does as-builts, do one.  His clients are other Chief users and he is doing them every day, fast and efficient.

In the video, he shows his methods, tools, order of work, and results.  This, on a typical job.

He uses a laser tape but no lidar.  Has laptop and Chiefs it out right on site.  Great biz, lotsa work, cranking them out every day.

Do you have that kind of need, volume-wise?

Thank you for the response.  i do not have a real need for someone else to do my as-builts.  I have a laser tape and will usually just take my laptop, or pencil and paper.  Depends on if the clients are home.  (Doi not want them to know how quickly I can do it in chief and have their as -built ready) Thank you again for the post.  I will look at his videos and see if there is any info or methods that may work better for me.  Can always learn