Interior Windows and Doors Varying Casing Width

Kerry5602

How do I create a trim for a window or door where I can adjust the width of each side?  For example, if I want to do a craftsman style trim where its 6" wide on the top of the window, 3" wide on each side of the window and 4" wide on the bottom of the window.

I currently only see the option to select the style of casing (profile) and I can adjust the width but it applies the selection around the entire window.

Thanks for your help!

You might be able to get what you want using the lintel and sill settings.  You can set the casing width to 3" for the sides, the lintel width to 6" for the top, and if you create a 4" rectangular profile for the sill, you should be pretty close.  

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

You might be able to get what you want using the lintel and sill settings.  You can set the casing width to 3" for the sides, the lintel width to 6" for the top, and if you create a 4" rectangular profile for the sill, you should be pretty close.  

Yes , use the Lintel and Sill Options , if you draw your own Molding Profile you can even have the

Crown and Parting Bead as part of the Lintel ( Header Trim )  if needed ( turning on Wrap to return molding to wall ) 

I would use the Basic Sill and turn on the Apron perhaps , the Apron is automatically the same size as the Casing including the Sill Depth,

so if needed you can also draw your own sill Molding including the Apron too.

Mick.

image.thumb.png.961ccb3a1bfe32ee4a05ed8ab26f44c8.png

image.thumb.png.ff00a7a7dca4d987bc81010ce1e2e785.png image.thumb.png.6a6660f6c19b18f1412b5cbed5921858.png

• Upvote 2